DarkLight Roleplay Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New RP, anyone?

3 posters

Go down

New RP, anyone? Empty New RP, anyone?

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:36 am

Right now we currently only have two RPs going - The Trucido War RP (StH) and the Apocalypse RP (also StH). I know we tried the Star Wars RP and a couple of other RPs, but how about we do something which we can all get immediately involved in right from the start, no turbo-lag (slow starts) and everything's gripping all the way through (like what I'm trying to do with The Trucido War RP). So I've got a few options for RPs, all we have to do is agree on which one we think would be best/most interesting:

Fallout RP

The Fallout RP I had originally created was set to take the party all across the wasteland, where they would find a huge, huge variety of different factions, people, wildlife and locations. There is a large, mysterious group, unknown to most of the wasteland, that threatens to take over and eliminate all life as it currently exists, but they are not the only potential threat to the wasteland. Any kind of weapon/armour you can think of, will most likely be in this RP, due to the fact that there is an insane amount of variety and potential in the Fallout franchise. Our characters would have to be very normal in terms of abilities and power, however.

Medieval RP

So we focus on modern stories or futuristic RPs a lot, why not start a medieval RP? There is always a lot that can be done with medieval settings (evil lord threatening the land, quest for mysterious treasure/power, hunt for a legendary beast) and it could be a lot of fun. We could have powerful characters with this, but that would also mean very powerful enemies too which would in turn make things harder for us. There's lots we could do with our characters too and a whole ton of things we could add to the medieval setting, considering how much lore is already used in most medieval stories.

Hardcore survivor RP

I thought of a pretty original setting for this. Instead of having people trying to survive after an apocalypse, during a zombie invasion or in the middle of nowhere, the RP could take place thousands of years into the future where technology has peaked, but the earth has become so old and all its resources used up, that humanity had no choice but to either leave the planet... or die. Our characters remain to be one of the last few on the earth, a planet with no more government, economy or balance. However, since this'll be a HARDCORE survivor RP, things will be rather difficult.

Lockdown RP

Remember that one RP I was talking about for quite a while? Well, we could turn that into a 3-man RP. Considering how difficult the original was going to be (yeah even on easy, things weren't going to BE easy), 3 people working together could help make things happen and keep the story going. There's quite a bit of lore in the Lockdown world, so there would be more depth to it than you would think.

We don't have to stick with what's described in the RPs, we can make our own twists or additions to them however we choose (they're only recommendations in the end). I'd like to hear what both of you think. Then again, we could just create any old RP that we all agree on and agree will work.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|
High Member of the forums

Main Protagonist
Name:: Thing
Health:
New RP, anyone? Left_bar_bleue0/0New RP, anyone? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

New RP, anyone? Empty Re: New RP, anyone?

Post by Dex Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:37 am

Medieval sounds interesting as does fallout.
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Name:: Dex
Health:
New RP, anyone? Left_bar_bleue3500/3500New RP, anyone? Empty_bar_bleue  (3500/3500)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Alright. Well with Fallout, I've already got one big idea planned so if we do decide on going with that I can give the idea to you which we can either scrap or work with.

With the Medieval RP, like I said, there is a whole load of things we could do, and there's definitely many exciting things we could do with the setting as well.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:59 am

Aye :3 best wait for Matt Razz
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:
New RP, anyone? Left_bar_bleue3500/3500New RP, anyone? Empty_bar_bleue  (3500/3500)

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Hey, guys! So sorry, been really busy lately, probably won't be able to actually post until Thursday or Friday, though. But I really like the Medieval, Fallout, and Lockdown RPs.
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Name:: Sauron Revo
Health:
New RP, anyone? Left_bar_bleue3250/3250New RP, anyone? Empty_bar_bleue  (3250/3250)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:10 am

Alright, well I guess we could start both Fallout and a Medieval RP up, since they both could be a lot of fun.

With the Medieval RP we might be able to make a combination of different elements work. We could definitely include the common things like werewolves, wizards, vampires, demons and all that, since that could really spice up the environments and the enemies.

With the Fallout RP, we might have to start out in a Vault, but I've had a couple of really interesting (and actually lore-friendly) ideas for ways to start things off that'll keep it all in motion until we get out... which is when it all really starts. From there, all kinds of stuff could happen and I've got a lot planned.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:38 am

Hokay, so, there's a few options for what to do in the Fallout RP:

FALLOUT RP

Option #1 - A great evil threatens to eliminate all life in the wastelands and the rest of the world, spreading slowly but surely and with devastating force across the lands. Time is running out, and numerous alliances across the lands are coming undone as a result of this destruction. Allies will be made, enemies will be fought against, it's all down to how the team can resolve the problems which this immense fear has brought along. The whole RP will take place across the whole of the wastelands (which is pretty much all of the U.S.A).

Option #2 - Rumours across the wasteland have it that a "great treasure" is located in a hidden vault, deep within the darkest part of the wasteland. What this treasure is and where the vault is located remains something to find out, but it soon becomes clear that another rather menacing force is also searching for the treasure which aim to use it for their own purposes... it's a race against time and a fight against the wastes. The party could start outside of the vault in a rather derelict and near-abandoned city. There'll be a huge amount of land to explore, about 1/3 of the wasteland overall.

Option #3 - War between the Enclave and Caesar's Legion devastates Texas, the only state in the wastelands which remains mostly untouched by the larger forces in the world. Only the Brotherhood of Steel appear to be the one faction who might be able to restore and maintain peace in the land, but they're known to be particularly hostile neutrals in Texas... will there be anyone who can prevent either one of these two from taking over? This RP will take place in a smaller part of Texas, so there's far less of the land to explore but it's more concentrated.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:15 am

And here's what I've managed to come up with for the Medieval RP.

MEDIEVAL RP

Option #1 - A medieval fantasy world, much like your typical MMORPG worlds. Many kingdoms across the world all are in search for the Great Ancient King's Bounty, a treasure which has been long lost in the sands of time. Werewolves, vampires, elves, dwarves, dragons, wizards and a huge variety of races are present in this RP along with demons.

Option #2 - This is a realistic medieval RPG, taking place in a fantasy world but instead of there being wizards, elves and all that, it's much similar to Roman/Spartan times. Not much can be said about this other than battles being very bloody and gory, survival having more of an impact than you would think and wildlife being quite dangerous. Plenty of room to create a plot, however.

Option #3 - Another fantasy RP, where a great war has broken out between numerous factions across the ancient lands. You must choose whose side you will be on, who you will choose to ally with and who you will fight against. Lots of smaller battles will take place in this but, similar to what'll happen in The Trucido War RP, it'll all mount up to one HUGE battle at the end.

We could always combine elements together with this, so there's no "fixed" option here.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:10 am

I like both of the option ones for both RP's :3
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:49 am

I like option 1 for the Fallout RP and all of the options for the Medieval RP
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:
New RP, anyone? Left_bar_bleue3250/3250New RP, anyone? Empty_bar_bleue  (3250/3250)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:32 am

Alroighty then, that about settles it. I won't be able to put either Rp up this week, buuuuut definitely expect them next week some time.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:52 am

Sweeet
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:12 am

Alright, I've already got some things set out for both the Fallout and medieval RP, but this question is really for the Fallout RP, since the content in that will be a lot more graphic (fantasy/medieval RP won't really be graphic).

Would you both prefer it if I cut down or even left out some of the more extreme things in the RP, or is it good for me to keep it in? Some parts will have some significance to the main plot, other parts to set the tone, but I can still make changes either way.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:48 am

Well I don't mind extreme stuff at all I'm all for it. Up to you guys.
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:43 am

I'm sorry, 1) I've been a bit busy lately, and 2) I was sure I responded to this. But I am all for leaving the extreme stuff in, it almost always makes the RP better.
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:17 am

Good good. Alright, well if you two want to post your CSheets on there, then we can get the RP started.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum