DarkLight Roleplay Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assault on Fort Goltheit

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Assault on Fort Goltheit Empty Assault on Fort Goltheit

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:22 am

"There's two things I would like to say," A croaky, hardened voice spoke.
"Firstly: I've gotta appreciate the balls on you for agreeing to this mission.
"Secondly: This is gonna be the hardest bloody mission that's ever been conceived. I did suggest we just try and nuke the place but no, we have to rely on the smallest possible team to take this entire place out... not that I'm saying you two can't do it, I just think this is a frickin' STUPID plan. Anyway...

"You both probably know the main objective, destroy the Domarian Headquarters, which are about 50'000 feet below you here. Now we would be saying here's the reactor, go in through here, find that and blow it up, blah blah blah... but we haven't been able to get enough intel on this place. So, we aren't sure whether the entire area can be blown up, or whether there's some hidden button somewhere that'll let you just destroy everything there. All we know is there's gonna be a freight-ton of soldiers, robots, whatever the hell they have in store there, ready to blast your body through into the f**king ground. You're gonna have to find your own way around but I'll be able to provide MINIMAL support. Lucky we have intel on their troops, so killing them bastards shouldn't be at the top of the list.

"Now there's 3 options.
"1 - This plane acts as a diversion to their anti-air weapons, giving you a window to sneak in under all the chaos and fire... no don't worry about the plane, it'll be fine.
"2 - We arm the guns on the plane and destroy the entrance on the West side of the walls, which looks the least guarded and should be a little bit easier to get into the buildings.
"3 - You get ready now and grab your parachutes and fly onto the roof of the research building... which would definitely be the easiest to get in via rooftop.

"So how do you want to go in?"

- <SNEAK IN> -
- <DESTROY SIDE ENTRANCE> -
- <PARACHUTE> -

Last edited by |]_/-_|| on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|
High Member of the forums

Main Protagonist
Name:: Thing
Health:
Assault on Fort Goltheit Left_bar_bleue0/0Assault on Fort Goltheit Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Assault on Fort Goltheit Empty Re: Assault on Fort Goltheit

Post by SauronRevo Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:09 am

"I think we should sneak in, what do you think?" Horus asked as he turned towards his partner.

(Just feel like this style would be better than just giving an answer, plus if it's a two-player game then I want Dex's opinion on what we should do. Also, I feel like Horus would be the coolest character to use for this, he's pretty much like the main character in Jack Heath's "The Lab", which is basically like James Bond)
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Name:: Sauron Revo
Health:
Assault on Fort Goltheit Left_bar_bleue3250/3250Assault on Fort Goltheit Empty_bar_bleue  (3250/3250)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:17 am

(^ I agree this style of replying would be best me thinks, and time for my new character Ryker :D)

Ryker

Glancing sideways towards my partner I nodded. "Stealth is the best way to go so far. We get inside undetected it makes it so much more easier for now."

Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Name:: Dex
Health:
Assault on Fort Goltheit Left_bar_bleue3500/3500Assault on Fort Goltheit Empty_bar_bleue  (3500/3500)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:58 pm

"Alrighty... thank feck for that," The man giving the debrief was definitely pleased to hear that. "There's two different routes for you to take if you wanna sneak in:

"There's the tunnel, which will be hard to navigate but there'll be less trouble for you... I might be able to provide some assistance with going through the tunnels, however.
"The other option would be to go in through the airfield, but although it's quiet at this time and will be rather easy to get through, it's quite likely you'll have to be on your toes." Either way should get you in no problem.

"We'll need to make a decision quick, won't be long before we're in their firing range and we'll have to get you set up in the pod."

- <TUNNEL> -
- <AIRFIELD> -
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:
Assault on Fort Goltheit Left_bar_bleue0/0Assault on Fort Goltheit Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:17 am

"The tunnel sounds better to me. What's the point of sneaking in if we have a large chance of getting discovered right after?" Horus asked rhetorically.
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:
Assault on Fort Goltheit Left_bar_bleue3250/3250Assault on Fort Goltheit Empty_bar_bleue  (3250/3250)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:53 am

Ryker

"We go with the tunnel. Less trouble and it sounds as if it is not to guarded."
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:
Assault on Fort Goltheit Left_bar_bleue3500/3500Assault on Fort Goltheit Empty_bar_bleue  (3500/3500)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:22 pm

"Good. Alright, whilst we're about to fly over, I should really tell--" Suddenly a segment of the hull was blasted off by outside enemy fire, the alarms inside the plane already going crazy. Their anti-air weapons had already started firing. "Oh, bollocks, not already! Okay, you two, get into the shuttle NOW! Activate the stealth field on it THE MOMENT IT LAUNCHES otherwise you're gonna get shot into pieces before you've even made it anywhere near the ground!" That was the only warning the man had time for as a missile volley punched at the heavy right wing of the plane, luckily not taking it off entirely. The further they travelled over the base, the more the plane was put under threat, with volleys of flak, missiles and sniper rounds getting heavier and heavier.
"GO! GO! GO!"
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:54 am

Horus climbed into the shuttle as quickly as he could and got ready to turn on the shields, "Hurry up, Ryker!"
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:18 am

Ryker

I glanced briefly outside and then rushed to the shuttle clambering inside. "LET'S GO!"
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:48 am

The co-pilot launched the shuttle the moment Ryker got in. The door slammed shut, with the rockets immediately engaging and sending the shuttle blasting off toward the ground, near where the tunnel entrance was. Lucky for the two heroes, they managed to get out of the plane before one of its entire wings was shot off, catching fire and sending it into a slow but uncontrollable spiral.
"Agh! Crap! We're goin' down!" The man shouted over the intercom as this giant vessel of fire began to fall from the skies, on a crash-course outside of the Domarian walls. "Sorry lads, I don't think this is something I'll survive... I wish you luck. Kill ALL them fascist bastards for me!"

The shuttle was going to crash-land at any minute now. "Warning - Crash course imminent. Brace for impact. Warning - Crash course imminent. Brace for impact. Warning - Crash course--" The voice in the shuttle was looped. There were heavy seatbelts for the two to strap into, with a padded rigid metal frame which automatically started to lower itself down over all 6 seats.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:42 am

Horus buckled up and looked over at Ryker, "Let's get 'em!"
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:49 am

Ryker

I strapped myself in and nodded. "I hope they made it out ok.." I sighed then nodded.
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:16 am

The shuttle speared into the ground, punching a crater into the ground underneath it. Ryker and Horus were virtually unaffected by the crash, although one of the main problems for them would be getting into the tunnel. A hatch at the top opened up, giving the two quick access outside of the shuttle.

The plane could be heard several hundred meters away, crashing and exploding into the ground as it shook the earth. It would have to be a miracle for someone to survive the plane crash. Spotlights were already searching for the crash site of the shuttle, but luckily some time had been bought thanks to activating the stealth field.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:23 am

Horus peeked outside of the hatch in every direction. He motioned to Ryker once it was clear and climbed out of the shuttle silently.
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:34 am

Ryker

"Time to do this.." Following Horus I climbed out of the shuttle and landed down next to him silently.
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:04 pm

In front of the two heroes was a tall, thick and very sharp wall of electric barbed wire. It reached at least 20 metres into the air, meaning it was going to be impossible to climb this. It reached all the way around the outer walls of the outpost, but the entryway to the tunnel was so tantalisingly close. It could be seen right there.

Someone could be heard yelling from deep within the Domarian fortress... a couple of gunshots from the ground went off before a plethora of heavy footsteps echoed and reverberated throughout.
They were coming.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:11 am

(Would it be OP for Horus to pick up Ryker and fly over the wall (he has wings)?)
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:58 am

(On this RP, there is no such thing as OP.)
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:29 am

(NUKE GUN :p That aside I don't have to tone down Ryker :D)
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:13 am

"Hold on!" Horus commanded Ryker before grabbing him. Horus flapped his wings and flew to the top of the wall before gliding back down to the entrance of the tunnel in seconds.
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:06 am

Ryker

I gripped onto him and glanced around. Whilst we were in the air I scoped out the landscape. Once we landed I let go and nodded. "Right let's get to it"
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:12 am

The landscape was a flat, empty desert in the midst of the night. The cloudy sky blocking out the moon made it impossible to see the whole area, but from what could be seen it was more of a wasteland than a desert. It was difficult to tell whether the Domarians wiped any life out or if there wasn't any in the first place.

Another alarm went off, suddenly.
"Olforh yhel!" A Domarian officer's deep voice blared out, apparently attracting even more soldiers out. They needed to get inside the tunnel very quickly, by now the footsteps were coming round the walls and toward their position.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:15 am

Horus nodded as he shot off at full speed towards the tunnel. He gripped the handle of his pistol and took in every detail of his surroundings as he ran.
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:11 am

Ryker

Glancing this way and that I followed sprinting after him.
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:05 am

The tunnel was narrow, extremely dark, damp and labyrinthine. The mouth of the tunnel had a floor of ankle-deep sludge... a foul, indescribable smell filled the passages. It was made at least remotely clear what the contents of the sludge was once a rotting skull became clear to the two among the other filth.
The Domarian soldiers were already getting close to the tunnel entryway. The two heroes needed to disappear quick into the tunnel if they wanted to remain clear of further danger.

They could only go left or straight ahead for now.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum