DarkLight Roleplay Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odin City: The Sin of Mobius

3 posters

Go down

Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Empty Odin City: The Sin of Mobius

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:37 am

Odin city...

We've all heard the stories about it.

The chaos.

The despair.

The hunger.

The hatred.

Even the sickening kind of lust... it's all underneath that great big metal ceiling which seems to hover over the entire city. You only come in one way. You don't come out any way. The only question which people have always wanted to know is one which also frightens the people...

'What do the Domarians want with us?'

The only time you would see a Domarian not shooting you is if you were about to be executed. Everyone knew they had no tolerance for anyone who wasn't an ally of theirs, plus they knew that the Worh'jhana who had allied with them only became allies due to their sheer hatred to the rest of the Mobian race. That, and their powerhouse pets known as Govora. Yet for some reason, the Domarian units scattered around the desperate city streets weren't clad full of armour, nor did they wield great big assault rifles or drive giant APCs throughout the city. They were all adapted for the citizens, meaning none of them were intimidating nor aggressive. That was barely even the surface of their suspicious activity.

The power plant was always a place to raise suspicion... despite it's highly advanced technologies it housed, along with it's future-proof defence systems and security, it was always a place which was a marvel to look at, but also instilled fear with it's intimidatingly industrial and bulky exterior. It almost felt like it belonged in a sci-fi horror film of sorts. But that wasn't the only thing which concerned people...

Every now and then, people would disappear. Some assumed they were thrown to some "twisted regime" the Domarians enforced in the city. Others thought that maybe it had something to do with the power plant. But one person, believes he knows the real story. But it's that person whom we're looking for... if he's still alive, that is.

We follow Kovac, an albino Binturong (make up your own image since I can't draw). He works as an undercover agent working for R.A.V.E.N.[/b] He only knows that once he's in the city, it'll be next to impossible to escape. Not exactly a safe mission, but he knew exactly what he was getting into anyway.

It'll be very dangerous. If the Domarians know what he's up to, he'll most likely be shot dead. If the locals suspect him, a gang might come after him and shoot him down. It's a high-risk mission with a lot at stake, but if they learn of what's going around the city... they might be able to strike a weak point at last.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|
High Member of the forums

Main Protagonist
Name:: Thing
Health:
Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Left_bar_bleue0/0Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Empty Re: Odin City: The Sin of Mobius

Post by SauronRevo Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:53 am

This seems really cool!
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Name:: Sauron Revo
Health:
Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Left_bar_bleue3250/3250Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Empty_bar_bleue  (3250/3250)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:53 am

Midnight. The middle of the Great D'horjin Desert. Not a single peep could be heard from under the eerily silent sky aside from a small cluster of Sidusian ships, patrolling the skies. They must've thought the area was theirs... several huge plasma-toson turret beams launched up into the sky out of nowhere, all of which aimed so accurately against the ships that they didn't even have the opportunity to reinforce their shields. Each ship was torn through like a giant nail being thrown through paper mesh, lighting up the sky with giant fireballs of their own destruction. And then... nothing.

A black saloon rolled up outside a hidden tunnel entrance, apparently a cave with a mouth the size of a house. A blue light appeared from inside, before several scanners engaged, studying the car. They remained there for a few moments, until finally disappearing. A green light appeared...

The bottom of the cave lit up with rows of white lights. An opening revealed itself as a slope was created by the artificial ground, making way for a very long, wide and deep tunnel. The tunnel appeared to go on forever...

Kovac, who was inside the car, inhaled, breathing in deeply. He exhaled, loosening his grip on the steering wheel.
"Easy..." He muttered to himself. He had a look round his highly technologically advanced dashboard - It was almost like Night Rider in there.

>[Drive in]
>[Turn around]
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:
Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Left_bar_bleue0/0Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:29 am

(Uh... we not interested then?)
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:51 am

Drive in
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Name:: Dex
Health:
Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Left_bar_bleue3500/3500Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Empty_bar_bleue  (3500/3500)

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:03 am

(Sorry, I am interested in this, just been a bit too busy to read this all, I'll try to from now on, though)
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:
Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Left_bar_bleue3250/3250Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Empty_bar_bleue  (3250/3250)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:23 am

Kovac put the car into 1st gear. He lightly pressed down on the accelerator and the car purred into motion, rolling down the hill. The tunnel looked very long, going on as far as he could see... but he still didn't want to rush it just yet. Instead, he took the time to contact a private phone line. Using the knob dial on the dashboard with the computer, he eventually managed to get through to a number, displayed "--- --- -" on the dashboard monitor.

"Kovac," A man's voice responded, sounding like a rather snaky individual themselves. Snaky, but dependable. "You in?"
"Yeah," Kovac responded. "I remember you saying something about the locals, Tok... remind me again." He insisted, since his memory had gone a little hazy.
"Oh, them." Tok's voice returned. "Let me see..." There was a brief moment of silence...

"Aha. Reports have it that roughly 8.2% of the city's population is criminals alone. Out of that number, 0.3% of them are high-profile."
"So... I could run into trouble quite easily." Kovac responded.
"Well, more or less. It depends on what kind of approach you want to take to it."
"I think I'll just keep low."
"Doesn't surprise me." Tok commented. "Just be careful that you DO remain under the radar. There's more than a few assassins and vigilantes out there who'll try and sniff out any kind of bad egg to take in for money."
"..." That didn't help Kovac out much with his already pretty cool nerves. "Let's hope I don't have to get involved with them."
"Yeah, let's. Well anyway, good luck... don't f*** this up."

Kovac finally reached the end of the tunnel. There was another huge reinforced gate which he had come up to, the xenon lights of the vehicle clearly illuminated in the reflection. For now, nothing seemed to be happening... but as soon as he was about to switch the engine off, the doors slowly began to open.

"Any last things you wanna know about?" Tok asked.

>[Assassins]<
>[Where to go]<
>[Who to talk to]<
>[Continue on]<
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:17 am

>[Assassins]<
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:31 am

"Tell me about who exactly I need to be cautious of... some of these assassins don't sound too sociable." Kovac requested, seeing the doors opening to reveal yet another much shorter tunnel.
"Alright... let me get the info...

"There's around 1'400 assassins who operate in Odin City."
"Holy--... Are you serious?"
"There's only about 15 of them which you need to be careful of, though. The others tend to be either average or below, some can't even shoot a limp corpse."
"Which are those 10?"
"I'll upload them to your phone once I uncover them. I think I do remember two names."
"Who?"
"Autocore's one. It's a robot, less of an assassin and more of a manufactured war machine. I have no idea who built it nor how it hasn't been found by the authorities yet... it's been known to also hunt out other assassins very aggressively."
"And the other?"
"Pinpoint. He's a human being who's dangerous in hand-to-hand combat but... well his name explains his best trait. The best way to keep clear of him is to just not attract his attention, you could lose your head."
"Alright... thanks." Kovac responded.

"Anything else?"

>[Where to go]<
>[Who to talk to]<
>[Continue on]<
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:49 am

>[Where to go]<
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:51 am

(Apologies this is a late response, the last time I put up a huge wall post and it just did not get through. I was maaaaaaaaad.)

"Where should I head off to? You mentioned a couple of spots."
"Oh, yeah... there's The Rotten Worg. You could find some information in there but it isn't too reliable. No worries about getting picked up by anyone who might be doing some headhuntin'."
"Alright, sounds decent."
"And then there's Luxadora. It's a fancy hotel with a few big names hangin' around in there. A couple of them have been known to be linked with some of the criminals operating in the city, especially the big names... but there's a bit of a risk you could get sniffed out there. There's plenty of hotels you can stay in, but if you want I can organise a room for you at one of these hotels." Tok put through a list on the dashboard. There were a number to choose from, along with some details on the side:
- El Cashoda [Low quality, pretty well hidden. Mostly low-level/amateur criminals pick this place.]
- Kanadinz [Flashy, funky and lively. Can easily blend in here and it's close to one or two hot spots. Not too expensive either.]
- The Grand Service [Expensive but luxurious. Quiet place with high security. Lots of protection for you, unless you get ratted out it's the opposite.]
- Ruhige Zeit [Not the most secure but VERY well hidden. Pretty infamous for hiding secrets, just nobody knows what secrets.]

"Which one do you want?"

>[El Cashoda]<
>[Kanadinz]<
>[The Grand Service]<
>[Ruhige Zeit]<
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:39 am

>[The Grand Service]<
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:15 am

"Book me in to The Grand Service."
"Ooooh, a bit of risk? Not what I'd suggest but alright, just make sure you don't get found out and you should be clear."
"Alright. Here's the last door."
"Take is easy now, cowboy." Tok gave Kovac a short, sweet bit of advice. He hung up, with the dashboard quickly displaying "[NO SIGNAL]". Kovac turned his attention back to what was in front of him on the road.

The last door opened up to the city. A barrier stood in the way, with two military-grade Domarian soldiers stood either side of the road... one of which was stood next to a rather large anti-infantry tank. Why ever they needed one of those here aroused Kovac's suspicion. They both saw the saloon with the white binturong inside.
"Green." One of the soldier's rough, muffled voices spoke out, inaudible to Kovac. The barrier began to lower down into a gap in the road, disappearing from sight after a good few seconds.
When he was given the all clear, Kovac continued on, driving over the newly formed bump in the road. And there it was...

Odin City.
(PS It's another song click. It's also suggested you have good bass.)

It was a more intimidating sight for Kovac than he would've guessed. A vast amount of towers and skyscrapers stood under the roof like giant, decorated barbs. Several factories, bulky and more industrial in comparison to the rest of the city buildings, lay vastly spread apart from each other, coughing up enough smoke that disappeared into the giant wind tunnels built into the dome ceiling... Kovac never saw any smoke when he was on the surface, however. Odd...

To the left, he could see the more industrial area, with all the various industries manufacturing only heavens knows what... none of the citizens were granted access to the area, so it would be impossible to gain entry to for now. It was oddly distant from the main city itself, but it did house perhaps the most intimidating thing he had ever seen: The Core Aedaco Plant. It was here where all the stories had been pointing to... all the rumours, all the "subtle details". There was definitely, definitely, something going on there. Kovac just didn't know what. He didn't think he wanted to, either.

Right ahead of him was the main city, complete with all the beautiful yet frightening buildings that stood like crystal onyx pillars. This was where most of the hotels would be, complete with an entire sea of information if you looked in the right places. At the same time, it was an entire sea of traps and danger. Kovac would have to keep low in the city... the authorities had eyes everywhere. And then there was the bounty hunters... the less said about them, the better.

Down the road to the right was the ghetto. One of the aforementioned hotels was down here, but it was a very dodgy place. This was one of the core places for crime to occur, despite most of it being lower-level criminal activity with lower-level criminals. The authorities sometimes appear in the ghetto area, but they seem to do nothing about trying to stop any gang violence. They seem to treat the ghetto like it's an animal farm instead.

Kovac had plenty of routes to go... finding out what was going on in the city relied purely upon him now.

>[Left, toward the industrial area]<
>[Straight ahead, into the main city]<
>[Right, through to the ghetto]<
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:50 am

>[Straight ahead, into the main city]<
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:
Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Left_bar_bleue3500/3500Odin City: The Sin of Mobius Empty_bar_bleue  (3500/3500)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:09 am

Kovac knew exactly where he wanted to go - The main city itself, deep into the heart of Odin. That was where most of his answers would come from... or so he hoped.

He shifted the car into 2nd, kicking the accelerator down as the vehicle tore off down the wide road. It was at least a mile long, going through various build-ups of houses, all of which were very compact and clustered up. Kovac noticed from a couple of particular sights that some of the houses had red Xs painted all over them, complete with bullet holes, burn marks, smashed windows and even a couple of broken down walls. It was something he wanted to get more information on, but right now he wanted to look for answers.

It was a good few minutes until he eventually arrived in the city... as he drove past a human individual wearing a hoodie on the pathway, he noticed in the side mirror that the hooded man had a massive gash across his face, apparently still fresh. Obviously the locals here weren't the most friendly.
"Tok... I'm in the main city now."
"Good. I'm uploading the route to The Grand Service now that you're booked in. You don't need to go there straight away, however."
"Thanks."

Kovac wasn't so sure what to do... he wanted to do a little bit of investigating before checking into the hotel, but at the same time something was telling him to just get it over and done with.

>[Check into the hotel]<
>[Do some quick investigations]<
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:18 am

>[Check into the hotel]<
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:45 am

It's late... it probably wouldn't be a good idea to go around when you don't know a lot anyway. Unless you were on a deathwish. Kovac put the car in first again, driving off into the city.

After a couple of miles, a few stops at the lights and the odd freak attempting to jack a ride, Kovac could hear some sirens in the distance... he noticed that out of the 5 other drivers around the street, they all pulled over to the side of the road, turning their lights off. Kovac didn't obey this unwritten law, but he pulled the car over to the side just to make sure he wasn't completely out of the norm.
A vibrant red sports car came tearing down the damp road, an entire cloud of water droplets escaping from the rear tires. Fighting through the moist cloud came three Interceptors, with their sirens blaring and their engines roaring. Kovac barely had time to notice any other details since they had torn past so quickly.
"... Hmmm..." Kovac looked to his left. He realised it was a small corner shop, still open and with more than enough of a variety of... well, even then he didn't have a clue what they were selling inside. Food? Brochures? ... guns? He was oddly curious.

>[Check out the shop]<
>[Just keep going]<
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:15 am

>[Check out the shop]<
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:18 am

Kovac killed the engine. He stepped out of the car, closing the door behind him, and walked on up to the shop doors. The windows were covered with big wanted posters, advertisements and even Domarian propaganda, something he only just noticed. Once he walked inside, it was literally what you'd expect of a corner shop... plenty of snacks, a huge refrigerator with drinks in. But the shopkeeper himself looked off. He looked as if he was hiding something.

>[Leave]
>[Buy a drink]
>[Ask about the shop]
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:22 am

>[Ask about the shop]<
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:37 am

"Hey," Kovac walked over to the shopkeeper behind the shop desk. He leant on the edge with his forearm, although tried his best not to look imposing or suspicious. "You're the only shop that's open around here at this time, aren't you?" He asked, trying to ask the question in a way that made it seem like he already knew the answer to it. The shopkeeper slowly nodded.
"Yessir." He responded, without any sense of suspicion in his voice.
"Alright... and do you sell anything in particular here that the other shops don't have?"
"... Well..." The shopkeeper scratched his head, looking around his own shop for anything that might be worth talking about. He took a second look at the binturong in front of him, scanning him up and down... definitely wasn't a regular customer, and certainly wasn't a normal citizen. Then again, it was a miracle to find a normal, functioning citizen in Odin city. He considered what to tell him. "I do have some special stock which I sell after dark."

"... Special stock?" Kovac's curiosity paid off. Maybe, just maybe, there could be something that could benefit him massively. There was also the suspicion that he could end up selling the wrong thing entirely.

> [Enquire further]
> [Be on your way]
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:06 am

> [Enquire further] <
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down