DarkLight Roleplay Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories...

3 posters

Go down

Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Empty Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories...

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:17 am

I've posted quiiiiiite a few stories here and there, even though most still remain hidden on the hard-drive where I'll probably never end up returning to them. I am CURRENTLY working on a Fallout story, since I've always been a HUGE fan of the series so that'll always remain in the mix. However, I do want to work on one story alongside it... which one, I don't know, however. I'll leave that for you two to decide, just say which one you like the best at the bottom.

1 - An Angel's Wings
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Drama

The story about Savon and Rotavol, two cyborg-augmented supersoldiers. They both go down different paths from whence they started, Savon taking the route of obeying (borderline blindly obeying) the government he has grown up inside, whilst Rotavol opted out of it and chose to fight for a faction that he still does not quite understand... they both constantly battle to keep peace whilst bringing the war to each other, effectively making it an ironic tragedy. They also both fight to keep their humanity intact, despite both of them always having their morals and their decisions questioned and challenged throughout.

2 - Vice
Genre: Crime, Drama, Horror

Yes - there IS horror in Vice. Psychological horror. It follows the story of Aaron, a traumatised 18-year-old who suffers from mental illnesses and struggles to find purpose in his criminal life, something he feels he must be a part of in order to "redeem his purpose in this cold, bleak life." Obviously with a broken moral compass, he also has a broken perspective on reality... being that sometimes he will drift in out of his own, contaminated mind.

3 - Calling Out to The Penumbra
Genre: Horror, mystery, surreal

This one might be a little controversial due to the fact that it challenges religion, science and the whole creationism/evolution theory ("both together?!"), but this has a very surreal and very mysterious plot. We follow a former psychiatrist, Dr. Parr, who after treating his last patient, appears to find links to what the patient seemingly rambles on about at first. It isn't long until he begins to find himself finding the source to a very ancient and volatile deity that could either restore balance to the world, or destroy it in its entirety...

4 - Lockdown
Genre: Horror, Sci-Fi, Mystery

If you two can remember, I made an entire page about a "game" called Lockdown. Although I completely disbanded the concept, it still leaves a lot of potential for a good story. We follow a lone man aboard the SS Copernicus, recently awoken from his cryogenic chamber prematurely, to come to the realisation that the entire ship has been overrun by the worst beings of fear imaginable by the human mind. He must, all on his own, try and find out the sinister secrets the ship has been holding, ultimately whilst trying to find a way off the ship and back home... and live.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|
High Member of the forums

Main Protagonist
Name:: Thing
Health:
Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Left_bar_bleue0/0Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Empty Re: Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories...

Post by Dex Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:46 am

I like the sound of Lockdown :3 And something like that could be RP able
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Name:: Dex
Health:
Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Left_bar_bleue3500/3500Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Empty_bar_bleue  (3500/3500)

Back to top Go down

Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Empty Re: Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories...

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:45 am

Only in terms of a choose-your-path RP. Then again, I could make changes here and there.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:
Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Left_bar_bleue0/0Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:12 am

Yeah, I like the sound of Lockdown.
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Name:: Sauron Revo
Health:
Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Left_bar_bleue3250/3250Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Empty_bar_bleue  (3250/3250)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:23 am

In that case, I'll give you a few choices before starting:

I can either give you a number of character classes to choose from, each which have their own traits, starting weapons, perks, implants, they all have their own way of getting around the ship.  Or, I can let you create your own class which is a pretty complex and time-consuming process... but then again it could be fun for ya!

Then there's the difficulty - Even on Easy, the RP will be moderately difficult. There's Easy, Medium, Hard and Hardcore mode to choose from, with each level increasing the amount of responsibilities you have, the toughness of enemies, the fragility of your character, the rarity of items, weapons and other things, and how hard puzzles are. Effectively, if you want the entire experience and to properly explore every aspect of the RP, Hardcore mode is where it's at... but it's hazardously difficult. SO, I would SUGGEST Easy or Medium.

There'll also be so much freedom to do what you want in this (I literally cannot stretch that enough) that it might be a little overwhelming. Which is why I'm giving you the option to go down any 1 of 3 paths available to the player which involve helping the only other survivor on a nearby ship, helping the main antagonist or helping a neutral character. Otherwise, you are free to do whatever you like.

TL:DR

- Preset character list OR Create your own class

- Easy, Medium, Hard OR Hardcore

- Infinite lives, 20 lives, 5 lives, 3 lives OR 1 life.

- Linear(ish) story OR Freedom of choice

If this is too much then just say "just do it your way" in which case everything will be simplified.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:07 am

Well certainly sounds interesting yes.
Dex
Dex

Main Protagonist
Name:: Dex
Health:
Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Left_bar_bleue3500/3500Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Empty_bar_bleue  (3500/3500)

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:30 am

I would like to try creating my own class, that sounds like tons of fun! If I did it I'd probably want to do at least medium, hard. I'm not sure about the other two, but it sounds really cool!
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:
Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Left_bar_bleue3250/3250Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Empty_bar_bleue  (3250/3250)

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:36 am

Alright then. I'll be able to start up a thread for each of you (so you both have your own stories to do what you want in), unless you're both okay with sharing the same character.

In the mean time I'll start writing up the different traits and everything. It's gonna take quiiiiiiite a while.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by |]_/-\_|\| Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:57 am

Alright, so I'm thinking of fully writing up one of these stories... Starte10[

So I sorted out a starter class table, if you two don't exactly want to create your own classes. This is liable to change in the future, however.
|]_/-\_|\|
|]_/-\_|\|

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:07 am

That seems pretty cool!
SauronRevo
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down